Saturday, February 12, 2022

Garden Update

 It has been a while since I have updated here, but I have not been slacking .... ok who am I kidding I am not been a fan of the cold weather. 

A while back I had made a dish that required 2 leeks and the store was kind enough to leave a good amount of the roots on them, so I put them in water.



and they grew...

and grew ...

and now they are happily in the raised beds I started in the front yard


If you noticed, I had also started a sweet potato. Well, It grew too.

It grew enough that I took too slips off it and tried them in some peat rounds I had

Garden Expansion

I had orginally planned to expand the garden closer to the well and where I park, but after watching the sun a few days I decided the better option at least for this first expansion was for near the bee hives.

So one weekend I got the lumber

An now I have three 4 foot by 8 foot beds

That I have to fill with dirt. Yay! I need to do some more research into where the best place to get dirt, or more preferably compost is going to be. Local home improvement box store sells bulk delivery of these items, but I live on a dirt road. I also have a neighbor who has a dump trailer who might be able to acquire the needed filling for the beds. As a last resort, and the most expensive route, I can always purchase bagged dirt.












No comments:

Post a Comment