Sunday, March 27, 2022

Plums and Collards Oh My!

 One of the Collard plants appeared to have developed a disease/pest issue, so I chose to take it down. Don't worry though, as long as it was a healthy plant I'll get 3 to 4 branches that will sprout off it and start producing leaves for me again.




Here I go putting cart before horse, maybe. 

Couple that with receiving a gift card from the reward points on my credit card and I end up bringing home a plum tree from the store. The smallest and ironically the plumcot I have had the longest died over the winter, so I replaced it with the plum. I needed another variety of plumcot to fertilize the them and thus produce fruit, so rather than buying another plumcot, a species  I have not had much luck with, or a new species. . . well you can see what won.



Once I started digging I wanted to keep going, so next thing you know I have cleared out all the grass from between the new plum and the plumcot. My volunteer rose and the sweet mint got put in that space for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment