Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Aphids !!! ahhhh!!!

so a while ago I noticed a massive aphid infestation. Note to self: don't grow things and not check them regularly.

I had tried soap water and did not solve the problem.

I then tried pyrethrum the kill rate was looking promising.

Then the seed pods showed up and time was up, so the seven dust was brought out.

Today I checked on the plants and manually removed all the aphid I could find. Most of what I removed was dead. I have retreated all stems leaves and the ground, hopefully this will give the fruit a chance to mature properly.

Another casualty of this is two of my three beefsteak tomato seedlings. I will replant, but only after a confirmed win in this battle.

The next battle will be with the yellowing, more than likely from mild. So copper sulfate will be added to the treatment mix now. We'll see where it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment