Monday, August 19, 2013

Sewing

Ahh sewing the quintessential female occupation where one takes formless material and makes something useful .... Drives me bonkers!!! So naturally because it seems to want to defeat me I must not let it win!!! Ha ha!

In all honesty the reason I want to learn to sew is much more than me against the mighty machine and formless cloth monsters. Learning to sew means that I can make clothing that I like and that fits right, well in my opinion.

I must at this point give what I am told a shout out to my Mommy. If it was not for her I doubt I would have mastered the strait seam or as I did today the bias tape snake monster. I know that with out my Momma's quiet assurances and gentle guidance my patience would have snapped and I would have given up. I love my Mommy! Everyone should have one like her!

Through some trial and error and costly mistakes I have stumbled onto an interesting source of cheap practice material ... Old sheets! Sheets are generally made of woven cotton and the style of clothing I like lends its self to that material. Its a two birds one stone. I am making clothing that can be worn while doing things that would stain or other wise damage them and get much needed practice sewing.

and now having read this post I realize how disorganized my thought process is, but I am not changing it one bit.

Good day, hope ya'll got a lol bit of a chuckle and god bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment