Friday, September 20, 2013

Garden Update -Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, and greens

I have been a bit busy the last few days in the Garden.

Wednesday I picked another 2/3 cup of black eye peas. All the rain has them going to town, so to say.

Thursday was an excellent planting day according to Tom MacCubbin and the farmers almanac. Generally this means bumper crops from what ever was planted. I got to plant seeds for cabbage, brussel sprouts, turnip greens, mustard greens and white globe turnips.

Two of the Cherokee Purple Tomato plants are about a foot tall now, one is struggling along. Within a foot I also have two Swiss chard plantings that are struggling, but the onions and leeks are doing fine. I am gonna break out the pH tester and see if it sheds any light.

The lima and green beans are doing well disspite the pounding from the amount of water coming off my roof. The collards are in the same bed and are proving to be hardy too, I have lost 2 possibly 3 plantings, but the others have 3 plants coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment