Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tomato ... vines?!

Sorry it has been a while since my last update and I don't have pictures for you time time. I have picked up a second job in order to attempt to decrease my debt load (mortgage and bike loan). Been working six days a week for a while now....

I have been watching my tomatoes (and everything else) grow. It seems that they all love this 80 degree day and upper 60 at night!

picture this though ....

The Cherokee purple tomato plant closest to the gardenia has grown an inch out of the top of the cage and doesn't look to be stopping any time soon. Its neighbor is a close second too!! Looks like I am going have to use some Shepard hooks that my folks have given me to start holding them up. Both plants are sporting blooms and my mouth is watering thinking about the tastiness in store when the fruit finally comes in.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes...they will grow quite large...and taste wonderful. Only water from the bottom. Add lime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I use a drip irrigation system to water everything, it makes being lazy easier ...

    ReplyDelete